Thursday 24 October 2013

Secret Treasure #1: Hidden Art at Moorfields Station

I love wandering. I love taking a different route and finding something unexpected so when I decided to take a different route out of Moorfields Station last night I was quite delighted to stumble upon this artwork.

Created by

Each piece consists of a frame that represents a different country with things associated with that country included and the word "Welcome!" In each different language. It was great fun trying to identify  the different countries (before looking at the flag if they had one!) 

There's China

India

Spain

Germany

Australia

Italy

South Africa (I'm guessing- it's obviously an African country so I went with the safest option. I'm not actually sure which African country this represents.)

the United States of America

France- complete with beret! 

Wales, Scotland and Ireland combined

and Greece! 

Of course, there had to be one from Liverpool! :-) 

I really enjoyed looking at what was picked to represent each country and seeing the thought and detail that had gone into each one. So if you find yourself wandering in or out of the Old Hall St entrance towards the Northern Line in Moorfields Station, have a look! It might just make you smile! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment